I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Chicken and Blood Orange Salad
March 4, 2017
We use blood oranges in this recipe because of their intense flavour and colour. However, ordinary oranges may also be used. The combination of avocado Pesto grilled chicken and fresh orange and long stemmed broccoli makes this salad delicious and fresh.
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 heaped tbsp avocado Pesto
- 100 g long stemmed broccoli
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- 10 g pine nuts
- 1 blood orange
- 2 large handfuls mixed baby leaf salad
1) Flatten the chicken breasts by bashing them with a rolling pin. Coat in the avocado Pesto and grill for 20 minutes until golden. Chop into chunks.
2) Boil the broccoli. Once cooked place in a frying pan with rapeseed oil, pumpkin seeds and pine nuts and fry for 3-5 minutes.
3) Peel the orange and slice into chunks. Mix the saad with the broccoli, pumpkin seeds and pine nuts. Scatter the chopped orange and chicken on top.